prkaye

Well Known Member
I realise that this data has to be validated by flight testing, but as an initial guide, can anyone point me to airspeeds for emergency operations (for the -9A)?
Specifically:
Engine Failure After Take-off (flaps up, flaps down)
Airspeed for Maximum Glide Range (flap setting?)
Airspeed for Maximum Glide Endurance (flap setting?)
Precautionary Landing With Engine Power
Landing Without Engine Power (flaps up, flaps down)

Aircraft Performance

Phil:
Please look carefully at the numbers posted in the POHs listed on the web site. For example, the 9A in the data bank shows manuevering speed of 115 knots, and also shows an engine out table that was evidently taken from a 6 or 7 model with a constant speed prop. Many of these books have been put together by the cut and paste method rather that thru testing. This particular 9A also shows a best glide that I find suspect. Please proceed accordingly. You need to generate your own numbers.
Terry, CFI
RV-9A N323TP

For example, the 9A in the data bank shows manuevering speed of 115 knots
I believe that is 115 mph in that POF, which is pretty close to the value published by teh CAFE report...

POH Reliability

Phil:
Look at the operating limitations for the 9A listed on this site. Va is 132 mph. Where do you think all of these numbers came from? Unless you've got a fair amount of experience on the stick, I certainly wouldn't want to bet my life on them. Look carefully thru this handbook. All the numbers appear to be copied from something other than a 9 model.
Good Luck
Terry