Kyle Boatright

Well Known Member
I'll be needing a 406 ELT in the near future. At this point, the only sub-$600 products in the market seem to be made by ACK and Artex, given that Ameri-King is sidelined.

Any thoughts on which brand/product would be preferred at that price point and if there are options in that price range I've missed?

Edit: I'm not planning to pay the premium for one with a GPS or a GPS input option.

Last edited:
I'll be needing a 406 ELT in the near future. At this point, the only sub-$600 products in the market seem to be made by ACK and Artex, given that Ameri-King is sidelined.

Any thoughts on which brand/product would be preferred at that price point and if there are options in that price range I've missed?
FWIW: I am replacing my AmeriKing 451 just so I can connect my GPS to the unit since this one doesn't have that capability. I am going with with the Artex 345 since, of all the units that can accept a GPS input, they had the most features for the lowest price. YMMV

:cool:

Last edited:
Galin - please do a search on some of my earlier posts regarding ARTEX, and especially their reliability and customer service ethic. Caveat emptor. You get what you pay for. Buy the cheapest ELT and you'll get the lowest quality product and the worst service. Pretty simple. Been there, done that, and would never let a friend buy an Artex product.

Galin - please do a search on some of my earlier posts regarding ARTEX, and especially their reliability and customer service ethic. Caveat emptor. You get what you pay for. Buy the cheapest ELT and you'll get the lowest quality product and the worst service. Pretty simple. Been there, done that, and would never let a friend buy an Artex product.

THANKS! I have been looking into all of this before I make a final decision. My AmeriKing has worked perfect since 2008 but since I make very long distance flights, I really want the GPS capability which it doesn't have. Again, THANKS!
:cool: