sblack

Well Known Member
Where are you guys putting the ELT on the -4? Looking for ideas, pictures etc. i am going with the ACK E04.

was wondering that myself, I would like to conceal my antenna from the airstream, was wondering if anyone mounted their antenna under the tail fairing or top rear fuse behind pax but inside canopy.

was wondering that myself, I would like to conceal my antenna from the airstream, was wondering if anyone mounted their antenna under the tail fairing or top rear fuse behind pax but inside canopy.

I olan to get their blade antenna and put it on the forward turtle deck under the canopy.

ELT location

My antenna is mounted at the base of the roll bar on the left side, and it points up at the same angle. The unit itself is inside of the left forward floor compartment, forward of the spar. The mounting tray is bolted to the bulkhead that runs fore and aft. The remote switch is on the instrument panel. While building my airplane I was worried about an aft CG, so chose a forward location. I?m happy with the placement of all three components and would do it again. Next winter I?m going to make a hinged floor panel so I don?t have to remove the eight screws to occasionally check it.

Mine is under baggage floor, antennae runs up and over rear seat backrest ( I curved it), so its inside canopy . Maybe not the best, but I wasn't going external, and didn't want to run wire to tail fairing.

My antenna is mounted at the base of the roll bar on the left side, and it points up at the same angle. The unit itself is inside of the left forward floor compartment, forward of the spar. The mounting tray is bolted to the bulkhead that runs fore and aft. The remote switch is on the instrument panel. While building my airplane I was worried about an aft CG, so chose a forward location. I?m happy with the placement of all three components and would do it again. Next winter I?m going to make a hinged floor panel so I don?t have to remove the eight screws to occasionally check it.

Which elt and antenna are you using? Thanks for the info.

Mine is under baggage floor, antennae runs up and over rear seat backrest ( I curved it), so its inside canopy . Maybe not the best, but I wasn't going external, and didn't want to run wire to tail fairing.

So I guess it is a whip antenna of some kind? Which make? Thanks.

Mine is a basic Ameriking. Most all ELTs have a remotely installed Antena of fixed length that is a simple whip type. I mounted mine on the R/H passenger armrest and put a slight curve in it and attached with Adel clamps along the turtle deck skin.