fehdxl

Well Known Member
I'm trying to replace my Airtex 200 ELT battery, p/n 452-3063 but it seems everyone is out of stock.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is this their way of making us buy a 406 ELT to replace the 121.5?

Thanks!

-Jim

Try Broadie's Aircraft or Tex-Air Parts. Don't have a # handy, just Google them. My source says they have 27 in stock. Hope this helps.

Hmmm, Aircraft Spruce, Air Parts, Broadies, Tex-Air Parts, Omaha Airplane Supply ... all out of stock and been on back order for a month or more.

Tsunami effects? Solar flares? Wonder what the reason???

Thx,

-Jim

Did you try the Local battery doctor, or battery depot or whatever they call themselves in your town? most can cross referance the P/N and get you an identical unit or rebuild your current unit, may be worth a try unless you have to have a certified one. ( sorry still learning alot here )

Yes, certified. :-(

Upon further discussion it appears this is likely Artex's strategy to get people to buy new 406 ELTs. Last time they did this with their batteries it was reported to have lasted 6-months.

Silly really...they are just C-sized batteries. In fact MERL said they can rebuild the battery pack for, uh, only $200.

Another tid-bit I learned from talking with folks is that they've had a bunch of troubles with the GPS aided versions... So much that MERL is working on certifying their own that has an integral GPS receiver so as to not rely on a signal from an external GPS.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

-Jim