Special Delivery

Well Known Member
Apparent rule change...

All Eagle's Nest Projects are built to ELSA; our most recent completion (N906EN Clear Springs High School) received it's pink slip on 5-22-14 and like all our previous completions the Airworthiness Certificate lists Van's Aircraft as the Manufacturer.

A week after receiving our A/W Cert, our DAR informed us that due to a rule change he needed to issue a corrected Airworthiness Certificate with the manufacturer listed as N/A. We questioned if this change also affected our data plate indicating Van's as the manufacturer and was told no.

Does this rule change affect information we provide on future Program Letters, Form 8130-6, or Data Plates? I don't know. Possibly Dr. Mel can provide us some insight and clarification.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Apparent rule change...
All Eagle's Nest Projects are built to ELSA, our most recent completion (N906EN Clear Springs High School) received it's pink slip on 5-22-14, and like all our previous completions the Airworthiness Certificate listed Van's Aircraft as the Manufacturer.
A week after receiving our A/W Cert, our DAR informed us that due to a rule change he needed to issue a corrected Airworthiness Certificate with the manufacturer listed as N/A. We questioned if this change also affected our data plate indicating Van's as the manufacturer and was told no.
Does this rule change affect information we provide on future Program Letters, Form 8130-6, or Data Plates? I don't know. Possibly Dr. Mel can provide us some insight and clarification.
Have a great day!

Hey Ernie,
If there's a rule change, I haven't been notified.

Block "B" should list the manufacturer as "N/A"
"Vans Aircraft Inc" should be listed in block "D" as Builder.
Maybe that's where he made the mistake. But it's not a rule change. It's always been that way.
Give me a call.
972-784-7544

Last edited:
Hey Ernie,
If there's a rule change, I haven't been notified.

Block "B" should list the manufacturer as "N/A"
"Vans Aircraft Inc" should be listed in block "D" as Builder.
Maybe that's where he made the mistake. But it's not a rule change. It's always been that way.
Give me a call.
972-784-7544

Thanks, Mel...

I don't have the new Certificate in front of me... but you are correct in that there was an error on the original certificate in both blocks B & D.

You 'da man!!!

Last edited: