redwards

If I use a rocker switch in the panel for electric trim, is it preferred for the switch go up for up trim and down for down trim or the other way around? I believe I have seen it both ways.

It's your choice as long as it is placarded for purpose and direction.

Most people wire it so that you push the top for down trim so that it emulates the "old" trim wheel.

Depends on you.

I set mine up so when the plane was to be trimmed nose down the trim switch was pushed forward. Nose up was obviously the reverse. I believe most store bought planes are set up the same.:D

Have fun,
David

Mel types too:) fast!

Mine is Switch Up for Nose Down Trim. I always thought that was normal because (like Mel said) it emulates the old trim wheels. A friend was flying my plane the other day and was having no end of trouble with the trim. He thought it would be the other way around. I guess it's up to you. You'll get used to it either way and then the other way will be wrong.

Wait until you try and get a consensus on a vertical trim INDICATOR! I surveyed about ten military test pilots wen I mounted the one in my -8, and got a perfect five on five split as to which direction should be up....and it wasn't split on "party" (air force/navy) lines....

How would a placarded look if it said..... NOSE TRIM DOWN .... with an arrow pointing up. Or "nose trim down" on top of the switch. And "nose trim up" at the bottom of the switch?

How would a placarded look if it said..... NOSE TRIM DOWN .... with an arrow pointing up. Or "nose trim down" on top of the switch. And "nose trim up" at the bottom of the switch?

Either way will work. I would go with the second option.
But I would change the wording to "TRIM NOSE DOWN".

My pilot side trim switch is on my Ray Allen grip. This is the one with the 4-way hat switch, and two buttons. The face of the hat switch pad is more vertical than not. Yet.........when I push forward on the stick, I want the hat switch trim function to move in the same direction. Therefor, pushing forward (up) on the hat switch is trimming down, just as the forward motion on the stick would push the nose down.

My right side panel mounted rocker switch does the same, and so does the Ray Allen gauge next to it.

L.Adamson --- RV6A