AndyRV7

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a pic of the manual trim knob (wheel?) and location? I searched but it seems like they were all PM'd to the last requester. Jeez, I just may be on the verge of ordering a tail kit. Scary!

Thanks. Andy

Elevator Trim

Take a look in the forum area for the model you're thinking of buying...then click on the "Show us your panel !!!!" link. You'll be able to scroll down the thread and see numerous examples of control layouts.

In general, the manual trim knob is the largest black knob on the panel. Most builders elect to put it near the throttle quadrant. On the RV8/8A it is usually slightly above and forward of the throttle (on the left side of the panel). On the RV7/7A I've seen them above and below the throttle, depending on whether or not the builder has a center console setup.

The manual trim works well. Having said that, most of the RV builders I know (including me) have opted for the electric trim so they can wire it into the stick grip(s).

Good hunting,
Mike

Thanks! I know what to look for now.

I guess I could have searched my preview plans too but I seem to do more mental building at work!

The manual trim control sits forward of the fuel selector valve. Go with the manual trim, you will really like it. We have four RVs up here with electric trim and after they fly my airplane they all agree the manual is much better. Another plus is it is trouble free. Of the four airplanes three have had problems with the trim system. Don

The manual trim control sits forward of the fuel selector valve. Go with the manual trim, you will really like it. We have four RVs up here with electric trim and after they fly my airplane they all agree the manual is much better. Another plus is it is trouble free. Of the four airplanes three have had problems with the trim system. Don

I suppose........... I disagree here. :)

I'm going to put in a good word for electric trim. I've been around electric trim RV's for a long time, and seen plenty of good success storys. I'm running electric pitch trims for both pitch and roll with a four way hat switch on my joystick.
I like it, and don't even use speed controllers. Just quick blips on the button does well.

I just "love" the electric trim, as well as electric flaps! Aileron trim is great for side by sides! :D

L.Adamson ---- RV6A