oldpilot

I'm New Here
Would it be possible to invert the elevator trim indicator on the G3X? Currently the up position is in the lower portion and the down is in the upper portion. This doesn't seem intuitive.

But then the UP and DN labels would be incorrect....

I would also like to flip mine around and put the UP label at the top.. I have the VP-X and while I can reverse the switch and the direction the indicator moves, I cannot switch the UP and DN labels...

Last edited:
It seems intuitive as towards the direction you spin the trim wheel. If you have manual trim:D

For the vpx just go in the trim setup and when you set the limits just reverse them. I ran into this problem myself and fought for hours with how to get indication to match direction. So if you have it set for an example at 50 for up and -50 for down set it for -50 and 50 and it will display and move correctly.

Related to the OP:
Is it possible to have both the Ray Allen trim indicator and the G3X trim input connected simultaneously? How would you hook that up?

For the vpx just go in the trim setup and when you set the limits just reverse them. I ran into this problem myself and fought for hours with how to get indication to match direction. So if you have it set for an example at 50 for up and -50 for down set it for -50 and 50 and it will display and move correctly.

The way the needle moves is easy to change like you show above.....whats you can't change is the UP and DN labels on the screen. DN is at the top and UP is at the bottom.....

This is really a minor annoyance that comes from my desire to go against the standard where the top of the trim button is "Down" trim. I have mine configured so the top of the trim button is "UP" trim and as a result of this, the indication on the screen does not match the button action. If my trim button was on a horizontal surface, I would want the fwd part of the button to be "Down". This would match the screen nicely. To me (personal preference) when the trim is on a vertical surface like the panel, I like "UP" to be on the top of the switch.

Most likely I will just switch my configuration to the standard so that all things point in the same direction. Once I add the GMC305, there will be a wheel on the panel that has "DN" at the top. Ray Allen makes both labels for their trim switches and I have both versions so it will be a simple swap for me.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to invert the elevator trim indicator on the G3X? Currently the up position is in the lower portion and the down is in the upper portion. This doesn't seem intuitive.

We hope you'll be pleased to learn that we've added an option to display the elevator trim position gauge in an inverted fashion in G3X software version 8.00, which is now available.

thanks,
- Matt