SteveHRV7

The plane is back from the paint shop. When I put the tail back on and hooked up the elevator push tube I noticed that there is a "squeak" when the elevator is in the full up position. It is coming from the forward side of the right elevator rubbing on the aft side of the horizontal stabilizer. Both these two surfaces received two coats of paint and two coats of clear coat. This rubbing was not present before paint. There is some resistance that can be felt at the full up position but not enough even to hold the stick full up when you let go. The elevator easily hits the stop. Due to access it would be very difficult to remove the elevator and sand everything down but it could be done if need be - and that is my question. Is this necessary? I am positive that the rub is due to the thickness of the paint and not related to any other structural problem. Fix it? Let it go and see if it stops?
Thanks!!

Flight controls is just one area to not mess around with.
I am far from an expert but if it were mine I would fix it.

Try turning both rod ends out a half turn and see if that solves the problem. They still very well might line up OK with the center bearings and control horns.

If you can see where it's rubbing, maybe a light touch with some sandpaper ... just to reduce the 4 layers of paint/clearcoat?

Fixed the rub

Decided the best thing to do was pull the elevator. There was some rubbing on the inboard, forward side of the elevator. I drilled out the inboard 4 rivets, squeezed the bend smaller and re-riveted it. Squeak gone! Took four hours but in the end it ws the right thing to do. Thanks for all your replies.