burgundyja

Well Known Member
does anyone know what grade the .750 elevator push pull tube is? i cut mine in half thinking it was a diffrent tube. i would like to just get one at a local shop. does it have a mill spec.

it should say in your preview plans. what kit are you working on? oh, an 8. sorry, i don't know, here is my 7 info:

for my rv7 it says in section 4 of the preview plans,parts index-

f-789 is AT6 035 x3/4
f790 is AT6-035 x 1 1/2

is that what you needed? AT6?

Last edited:
8a

it is a 8a. the plans has a vans part number but it is not the same as what a metal shop uses.

does anyone know what grade the .750 elevator push pull tube is? i cut mine in half thinking it was a diffrent tube. i would like to just get one at a local shop. does it have a mill spec.
Section 5, I believe, of your build plans provides a key for the abbreviations Van's uses for its part numbers. IF I remember correctly, the AT6 = 6061 aluminum tube. 035 = the wall thickness. Check YOUR manual, though. I'm going off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Section 5, I believe, of your build plans provides a key for the abbreviations Van's uses for its part numbers. IF I remember correctly, the AT6 = 6006 aluminum tube. 035 = the wall thickness. Check YOUR manual, though. I'm going off the top of my head.

Steve is correct...Check chapter 5 of your construction manual.

The AT6 means (A)luminum (T)ube 6061-T6 X Diam X wall thickness

Where to buy

I would get seamless extruded or drawn tubing

www.yardemetals.com
www.onlinemetals.com
www.mcmaster.com

all supply this, as well as Vans. Online metals will cut to length and specializes in small quantities.

There is probably someone closer to you in MN where you can get it, and save on the shipping premium due to the length, although now that I say that, this is the short one so shipping might not be bad.