David Burkhardt

I'm New Here
What DWG shows size of bolt and the process to drill the elevator horn through the bushing? any recommendations is greatly appreciated

What I did on my 7 horns was to first clamp each elevator in place centered on the HS. I just used some scrap plywood to protect the skins and lightly clamped the HS and the elevator together. Then I installed the bushing and drilled into the elevator horn. I got the bushing from McMaster-Carr. They are a little hard to find on the website, but they have them so keep looking. The bushing fit is too tight so I chucked it up in my drill press and sanded it down ever so slightly. I saw this on VAF somewhere I think. Worked like a charm. You can only drill one elevator at a time. Once they are both drilled I mounted them and installed the bolt as a test. Worked great. Don't be too worried if the horns don't align. Mine don't exactly and this seems to be common from my reading on this site.

This is just how I did it and you can do it however it works best for you.

What DWG shows size of bolt and the process to drill the elevator horn through the bushing? any recommendations is greatly appreciated

Dave,
As I recall the process is in Chapt 8, of the builders book and on two drawings. DWG 78 (I think) and the Right elevator drawing. If it isn't on the right then it must be on the left. Anyway the process is in the book.

Forgive my memory but it's been a few years and I don't have the drawing handy.
Do n