sapeloson

Well Known Member
Just realized I dimpled the top flange of the E606-PP. Book says to "machine countersink", I'm sure thats so the trim tab hinge will set flat. What options do I have or, do I need to replace the part and start again?

Thanks for the help!
Ordering standard wing kit next week........
Tim

http://www.mykitlog.com/sapeloson

Replace it

Replace it--pretty cheap part. Here is a link to Andrew's RV7 site. He had the same issue and replaced with a hinge that was a bit wider--allowed for better edge distance. (Hope he doesn't mind that I shared a link to his log). Andrew has a great web site. Build on!

Skyking 902001
RV8
Emp done
QB Wings & Fuse on order

Save your money

Save your money for a more critical screw-up. Flatten it out with two flush sets, then counter sink it and build on. Do a search, and you'll get more of the same advice... You're not the first to do this (I know of at least one other ;))

I did the exact mistake

Tim,

I did the exact mistake, I replaced the part because it's cheap, and there are plenty to do while I wait for the part.

But, like flyboat said, there are worst "Oops" ahead, it's your call in the end.

Hank

Thanks for the quick replies fella's! I'll make a desicion today........just faxed in my wing order!