jetjok

Well Known Member
I did not want to hijack the classified thread from the gentleman listing his EI oil temp probe, so I am posting a new thread here.
If you saw that thread, you noticed that Matt Sharp from EI was the first to respond, offering a "store credit" in return for the probe. The seller responded in part by stating the EI customer service is top notch and I wanted to offer a hearty second to that statement.
I bought my -6 about two years ago, and it has a full suite of EI engine instruments. If you cannot have EFIS, these are truly the next best thing! Even though all the instruments were 10+ years old, they worked great, except for the tach.
After many hours spent verifying good connections and wiring, I finally called EI to inquire about sending the unit back for overhaul. They spent a large amount of time questioning what the symptoms were, and finally isolated the problem to incorrect (in my case incorrect and home brewed) resistors in the circuit. Within a few days, I had the correct resistors in hand and the problem was solved!
Matt and company owed me nothing, as my units were old and I was not the original buyer. This was the second time that I have dealt with them on a troubleshooting issue (bad volt/amp meter in my PA-20), and just as before their customer service was exemplary!

The seller responded in part by stating the EI customer service is top notch and I wanted to offer a hearty second to that statement.

I concur......

I had several EI components installed in my Cherokee 180. Their support was always outstanding.

bob

+1. I have had them dianosis and send fit it items on several aircraft. They are one of the best in customer service.

Me too.

The one thing that stands out for me is their knowledge of the products.
and you would think that should be a given, but it isn't at other companies.

When I call them on the phone or speak to them at Oshkosh with a technical question, they answer it with authority and knowledge.

Example: Imagine you have just calibrated your fuel gauge and all the manual reading that goes along with it. ( For those of you that have set up a dynon with remote compass and a gps know what I mean too.)
Well, if you talk to EI about it.....It is like they have just done it too.....except they have tips and pointers for you to help you correct the problem you might be having plus they suggest other ways they can help you if the problem persists.
I say this because at other companies, I seem to get a "handler" and they keep the real tech guys in the back room.
This is not bashing any other companies, because most are very good, but EI stands out to me because of great customer support in this area.
Just my two cents, glad this thread was started so I could say this.

The one thing that stands out for me is their knowledge of the products.

We have a panel full of EI instruments in our RV-6. The voltmeter is a VA-1, which unlike the newer VA-1A, does not have a wire out for an external annunciator alarm. That would be a nice feature to add, so I called EI to ask if our VA-1 could be upgraded to have the external alarm line. Sure, no problem, send it in, we can do that for $75. A few days later I get a call: Actually, sorry, we can't do that. Oh well, then can you at least reimburse me for my shipping costs? No, can't do that either. So I'm out shipping one way and a week's downtime on the aircraft.

YMMV.

--Paul

On behalf of EI, thank you all for your kind words and support. I can not take credit for EI operating in the way do they do. I enjoy being a cog in the gears. They are a very kind company to work for.

We have a panel full of EI instruments in our RV-6. The voltmeter is a VA-1, which unlike the newer VA-1A, does not have a wire out for an external annunciator alarm. That would be a nice feature to add, so I called EI to ask if our VA-1 could be upgraded to have the external alarm line. Sure, no problem, send it in, we can do that for $75. A few days later I get a call: Actually, sorry, we can't do that. Oh well, then can you at least reimburse me for my shipping costs? No, can't do that either. So I'm out shipping one way and a week's downtime on the aircraft.

YMMV.

--Paul

Garage Guy-

That should not have been handled that way where can I ship you a new version VA-1A?

Matt

Last edited:
Thanks Sticky1, I had me a rough couple days manning the desk. Been yelled at, told to shut up, one guy (who should know better) even called me "little man". Oh well, like water off an (Oregon) Ducks back. And I am a Beaver alum actually.

Hmmm.....

What a weird Tuesday,

My best all,

Matt

Another happy customer...

When I decided to redo my panel and didn't have room for the individual EI instruments, there was little reason to look any further than EI again with the new MVP-50. As far as I'm concerned EI's customer service is second to none and their stuff is top notch (love the new MVP50) :D

When I decided to redo my panel and didn't have room for the individual EI instruments, there was little reason to look any further than EI again with the new MVP-50. As far as I'm concerned EI's customer service is second to none and their stuff is top notch (love the new MVP50) :D

Hummmm......so what took you so long to get an mvp-50. I have had mine for a few years......STILL GOING STRONG..!!:D