0ptions

Folks, I am ready to install my Vans electronic tach sender on my RV8 and have the unit with a 10" spedo cable attached to the sender unit. There is no clear way to attach the sender to the firewall and need some good ideas to fasten this system. Any help or pics would be appreciated.

Is there a unit that would attach directly to my Mattituck TMX 0-360?

I have the same engine and setup

I made a bracket out of some scrap angle ( 1? X 1.5? I believe). One leg of the angle has two holes, one for the cable connection and one for the anti-rotation lug. The other leg is riveted to the firewall.

Mail me off-line if you want a picture. It will take a couple of days to get it to you (I don?t have a digital camera) if you can stand the wait.

rv8 Tach

Thanks, I am also going to ask Vans if they have a unit that attaches directly to the engine. Any info on this type?
Your description was good and I drew up a mounting diagram. No need to post the pics.

They do have that option but....

Problem is (for me at least) is that I also have the Mattituck oil filter pad where it stands the oil filter in a semi upright position. The direct connect tach sender and the Mattituck oil filter pad interfere with each other in a big way.

If you have the Lycoming oil filter pad, you will be good to go with the direct-connect. Good luck.