C-GRVT

Well Known Member
I have an AeroSport built Superior IO-360 B1B fitted with one Lightspeed electronic ignition and one mag.
In speaking to Hartzell technical support today, I asked two questions:
1. What restrictions did they recommend, if any, on the blended airfoil 7497 blade, with that engine. (Hartzell publishes a chart of engines, props and restrictions, but does not include that engine, with electronic ignition).
Hartzell response was that they were unable to say, not having tested that combination. In fact, and I suppose, logically, since they have not tested the combination, they were not prepared to offer any advice on how to run it, whether without restrictions, or utilizing restrictions that they have imposed on other combinations (operation limited over 2600 rpm, or below 2350 and above 22 inches of MP.
There must be a bunch of injected, electronic ignition 180 hp, 7497 blade equipped combinations out there. None of the Hartzell tested combinations included injection and electronic ignition
What restrictions, if any, are people running, and why?
2. As for propeller length, the fellow I spoke to was of the view that length is always better, and the 74" was a better choice the the 72". I suppose that is right, unless one runs out of ground clearance.......
What are people using?
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, ON
RV-6A finishing kit

Bill,
Call Hartzell and ask to speak with Les Doud.
Regards,
Steve

Hartzell 7497 with TMX-IO-360-M1B & 1x LSE PLASMA III (not flying yet)