RVadmirer

Well Known Member
I have a Lightspeed ignition system. I must clean up the poor installation that preceeds me and the best approach will be 90 degree ends on the cables that go from the box to the coils where they attach to the box. They look like BNC ends.....
Can someone point me to the right source? I've been reading the posts on the Garmin cable and splicing so I see the references to sources that have a zillion options! But those are antennas not ignition. :confused:
Thank you!

PS: What about the crimp vs. lamp types? What would be best for ignition? I'm not familiar with the tool for crimping - expensive? :eek:

Last edited:
I have a Lightspeed ignition system. I must clean up the poor installation that preceeds me and the best approach will be 90 degree ends on the cables that go from the box to the coils where they attach to the box. They look like BNC ends.....
Can someone point me to the right source? I've been reading the posts on the Garmin cable and splicing so I see the references to sources that have a zillion options! But those are antennas not ignition. :confused:
Thank you!

PS: What about the crimp vs. lamp types? What would be best for ignition? I'm not familiar with the tool for crimping - expensive? :eek:

These are just routine BNC connectors, available from SteinAir, B&C or wherever. The same sources will have crimping tools and tutorials. Not too expensive (maybe $40 or so IIRC)

IIRC earlier Lightspeeds shipped with RG58 coax (black) but Klaus later upgraded to RG400 (tan,braided) which is available at the same sources. Most service difficulties I've been aware of were related to the distal end of the coax, where it uses .25' fastons. check those carefully.