Jim P

Well Known Member
Has anyone given a presentation to your EAA Chapter on electrical systems and practices? I know that's a pretty broad topic, but I think we're looking for material on design considerations, resources, and best practices. If possible, I'm looking for a presentation that has been used before so we're not re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks!

Jim

Sportair Material

Jim,
You might want to contact EAA HQ. They have an electrical syllabus in their Sportair workshop. They may have a canned slide show or video you could rent/borrow.

Has anyone given a presentation to your EAA Chapter on electrical systems and practices? I know that's a pretty broad topic, but I think we're looking for material on design considerations, resources, and best practices. If possible, I'm looking for a presentation that has been used before so we're not re-inventing the wheel.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim, This may be of some help: http://raa85.b4.ca/story/index.shtml. Look for the articles under my name.

It may be too basic for you, and it lacks the hands-on demos that were given, but it's a start.

I highly recommend the Australian publication listed: AC 021-99. It's much more prescriptive than the AC43.13. www.casa.gov.au/rules/1998casr/021/021c99.pdfYou don't have to follow everything prescribed, but it sure provides guidance on best practices.

Vern