lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
In order to understand some process, I need help with some questions, I'm sure you can give me good ideas of I have to proceed.

I'm sure you think that some are dummy questions but I'm surfing into a little bit confusion...thanks for patience.

My is a Rv8, bus bar with avionic master, circuit breakers, sky-tec starter

- I like to put a CB between ACS starter block and main bus bar, I don't find any information about.

- My avionic aquipment are : SL-40 com, Xpdr GTX-328, Pm1000 II, Dynon D10a, Gps 695, Ubg16. Total Amp is 22, first average CB is 25, your genaral idea ? The wire for Toggle switch Avionic Master will do a short trip, about 8 inches for 25Amp, it's a standard wire or I need something different regarding the slalom between the copper bar and CBs ?

- My engine intruments are Van's analog standar : Oil Press, Oil Temp, Fuel Press, Fuel Levels, Tachometer. I would like to put all this stuff on an engine intruments CB, have you idea of their amp load ?

- I did a right panel a la Paul Dye, I've three rows of CB, which is the best mode to connect the rows together ? I tried a 8Awg wire (P13) and a piece of copper bus bar, I don't figure which is better ...

- My clock will be on always Hot terminal, how did you wired the always hot stuff (from where)

Thanks in advance

Hi Luke.....

....we usually have a starter relay mounted next to the master relay. Since the starter is only engaged for a few seconds, you don't need a circuit breaker.

The clock is usually wired directly from the battery through a small fuse on the firewall....1 or 2 amps. We also have a cigarette lighter socket that goes to the battery through a 10 amp fuse so that we can charge the battery with a cigarette lighter male wired to two alligator clips and a small trickle charger. This plug is handy to use your laptop computer in flight and also for playing CD music.

Regards,

Circuit Breaker Connectors

Luke,
Van's drawings OP-10 and OP-11 show both the front and rear battery options for the RV8.

In the aft mounted battery location, the master relay is next to the battery and the starter relay is on the left side of the firewall. No CBs are shown in the main wiring run.

As Pierre indicates above, if you mount the battery on the firewall both the master and starter relays are next to each other.

Drawing OP-10 shows how to connect the CBs on the right console. In this drawing there are only two groups of breakers:
The first group (Battery, Alt. Field, Radio, Boost Pump, Strobes, Nav Lights, Landing Lights, and Taxi Lights) are switch/breakers. These are connected by "P22" a copper bar.

The second group (Flaps, Instruments, and Alternator) are circuit breakers and are also connected to each other by a copper bar "P21".

The two groups of breakers are connected by a wire jumpers "P13, #8"

NOTE R3 on this drawing states "P20 copper bars were P16 #2 cable. Added P21 and P22." From this note it appears that Van's recommends the use of the copper bar since they made a change to eliminate wires to connect the circuit breakers.

The drawing also shows a 2"x12" strip of UHMW tape inside the console to prevent accidental shorting of the CB strips.

Hope this helps,
Mike