Brambo

Well Known Member
First, let me say that when it comes to electricity/electrical connections I am ?as a babe in the woods?. That being said, I have just completed installing my Duckworks Hid landing light and would like to test it out. It comes with one red wire and one black wire. Does it matter which one I connect to + and ? poles of my 12v battery?

Secondly, the instructions say to be sure and ground the light properly, if one wire is connected to the switch and the other to a ground bus is that considered ?properly grounded? or do I still need to connect a grounding wire from the light to a rib?

PS

I have just received a copy of The AeroElectric Connection, I just haven?t started reading it yet (but I will).

Bill
RV-7A (QB wings)

If it's a halogen bulb, it doesn't matter. However, convention is red to + and black to ground(-).

You can tie the ground (black) locally to the airframe. It is not necessary to run a wire all the way back to the grounding block.

For lights I grounded to the airframe. For radios, I ran a ground wire to the ground block. Anything that might be susceptible to noise, or generate noise, I ran the ground wire back to the ground block.