I am pulling wires in the plane and have run out of space in the four
pass throughs in the wing attach brackets. I talked to Vans about another
hole and they said no problem. Keep it the same size (5/8"), same distance off
the bottom bar. I want to put it in the first space to the right of the
two center seat ribs.
Has anyone else done this? For some reason this gives me the heebies even
with Van telling me it's ok.
I have searched the forum and either I could not come
up with the right words for search or no one else has done this.

Electrical, the project had the transponder antenna mounded about 12"
behind the firewall dead center the tunnel. It's too high for the tunnel cover.
I saw that Walt had said it needs an 8" ground plane so 4" in from firewall and
4" in from the side would work. That puts it about 2" to the back from the
tank vent. Does that pose a problem with transmitting or receiving?

Please all comments or direction greatly appreciated.

I mounted my transponder antenna 4" aft of the firewall and 3" in from left side behind pedals. Keeping it at least 2 feet from ADS-b which is located 6" front of the wing spar and under the right gear weldment & about 7" from the fuselage side. I have a floor in mine with sound proofing with 90 degree B & C connectors at both antennas.. Also I Alodined both the skin and doubler plate.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

I mounted my transponder antenna 4" aft of the firewall and 3" in from left side behind pedals. Keeping it at least 2 feet from ADS-b which is located 6" front of the wing spar and under the right gear weldment & about 7" from the fuselage side. I have a floor in mine with sound proofing with 90 degree B & C connectors at both antennas.. Also I Alodined both the skin and doubler plate.

Ron in Oregon RV9A

I located my transponder just aft of the firewall too. Also the second one (ads-b i think) is close to the pitch servo so it would be well clear of the coms which are just aft of the spar.

Unsolicited info: On the coms, I mounted them so the front screws go into the spar flange. I don't recommend this location. The underside overlaps the heavy forward fuse skin and results in a step there. I would place it about 6-8" aft if i were to do it again. Back far enough to clear the control rods.

Hello Bill, I located the comm antenna 4" off the center line to the right and made a doubler plate, Put in 10 rivets hold it tight. Didn't tie my doubler plate into rib but its as close as I could get it. Im feeling better on the antennas but have learned several builders put all 3 antennas forward of the spar. I like that idea. keeps things pretty simple.

Ron in Oregon RV9A