Pounder

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Gents,

I'm installing an electric pitch trim system today. I smoke checked it and it's working 4.0, except for the LED indicator. Obviously, I've double checked the wiring, a few times.

My system consists of:
--T3 servo
--MkII governor
--(one) SPDT
--RP3 LED indicator

Question: How might I bench test the LED indicator, away from the system?

I just finished installing my infitity stick grip with a safety trim system and had a simalar problem. Here's what I found out. BTW I am assuming you are using the stock Ray Allen stuff. I am using sub-d pins to connect all the wires then putting shrink tubing to hold them in. What I had done was crimp one of my sub-d pins improperly. Now to answer your Q... there are 5 wires, (I'll only use the stripe color) Red, Black, Orange, Green, and Blue. Red and Black are power and ground. The orange is signal power, and the green and blue are the up and down signal for the LED. And this is totally by experimentation on my part. I could remove a blue or green and the LED would go thru a test of the LED's. It took me over an hour to trace it down to a bad orange wire crimp. I believe (no electrical engineer type) that the orange wire brings the power to the center of the potinometer (sp) and the green and blue wires are attach to the ends as the trim motor moves. Those wires are tiny, so start with continuity checks of the wires to make sure there are no breaks. Good luck.
Rick Maury
RV-7 SB

It's bad

Thanks Rick. Naturally, I did a continuity check. Subsequently I've learned that applying 12v to the red and grounding the black should yeild one LED illumination, full up or down. Mine apparently is bad. No joy. Of course Ray Allan is good for this, so it's off to the post office!

Thanks again,

BP