I'm New Here
hi there
I bought a flying rv4 with io320 with a mecanical pump only , should I have an electric back up ,which one ?

I surely would

Hey 014,

I would certainly get one installed. My RV amigos and I always use it on takeoff, switching tanks and landing. Sure don't want the engine to stop then.

You must have a carburated engine, so look at Van's website, www.vansaircraft.com and check out the Facet electric fuel pump. It is about $36.00. You might also want to get a set of plans and manual for your -4. You'll need some plumbing materials, etc.

Good luck,

Deal Fair
RV-4 (N34CB)
George West, TX (8T6)

Pump

hi there
I bought a flying rv4 with io320 with a mecanical pump only , should I have an electric back up ,which one ?

Welcome to the VAF Forums.

I agree with the others, yes, you do need an electrical fuel boost pump. I would recommend one from Airflow Performance, the Fuel Injection people that advertise on these pages.

At the same time. I would recommend their fuel filter. Their banner advertisement is on the left side of this page, usually just above the Garmin GPS advertisement.

Van's also sells their boost pump and filter in his catalog and it is the one that I use on my I0-360.