Remteck

I`ll be happy to help anybody who needs help for this convertion. Just send me an e-mail and I will send you a copy of the mod instructions and some pictures of my installation.

The actuator is from O-Motion System Corporation and has 9234C120-R7 written on.

Plans are very simple. You will need to do some welding to modify your torque tube.

Cheers

Note: cguarino and jiminy, check your e-mail. I've just sent you the above as per your request.

Electric flap conversion, pictures and plans

Morten, check your e-mail. I've just sent you the above as per your request.

Cheers

Hi Remteck,

I am at the final stages of completing the RV - 4 and have been wondering about using an electric flap.

On one hand I chose simplicity where possible and if it is servicable the manual one will suffice.

On the other the manual flap system seems nasty in that it interferes with the passengers leg and looks easy to inadvertantly hit with the pilots rear end if you move about too much.

You obviously decided on converting to electric flap so did you find the manual system unworkable or did you just like the tidyness of the electric one?

Would apreciate your opinion and also a look at the method you chose to implement the conversion.

THX in anticipation.

Regards

Mark Bolton

http://rv-4builder.blogspot.com/

[email protected]

Electric flap conversion

Hi Remteck,

I am at the final stages of completing the RV - 4 and have been wondering about using an electric flap.

On one hand I chose simplicity where possible and if it is servicable the manual one will suffice.

On the other the manual flap system seems nasty in that it interferes with the passengers leg and looks easy to inadvertantly hit with the pilots rear end if you move about too much.

You obviously decided on converting to electric flap so did you find the manual system unworkable or did you just like the tidyness of the electric one?

Would apreciate your opinion and also a look at the method you chose to implement the conversion.

THX in anticipation.

Regards

Mark Bolton

Mark, I did't have to modify my plane as it had the electric flap kit already installed by the previous project owner. If I had to do the mod, I would have done it anyway. I think it is worth it; it is simple and light.

Maybe, someone who did the mod could help answer your questions. May I suggest that you contact the members who asked for my pictures and plans. If you want, I could send them to you.

Cheers

Electric flap conversion, pictures and plans

Darrell, check your e-mail. I've just sent you the above as per your request.

Cheers