acam37

Well Known Member
I thought I did my homework when ordering my Ray Allen servo for the elevator, but after I got it I realized I may have ordered the wrong one. I have the T2-10A instead of the T3-12A. There is only 5mm travel difference in the two and the -10A is a little slower. Is anyone using the T2-10A for elevator trim?

I have the 12A in mine, and I have never needed "full travel" in any loading configuration. With heavy rear PAX loading and low fuel (worst case scenareo) I will have about 3/8"- 1/2" tab up..and will go alot farther. Solo landing will need maybe 1/4" tab down..and it will go alot farther than that to full travel. Also, the 12A without a speed reduction unit is very sensitive,and fine tuning in cruise requires just a tap of the button. I would think if the 10A is slower, that may be an advantage. I think my aileron trim uses the 10A, as it is a bit slower. I dont know if I am much help, just letting you know how mine works. I also have the electric flaps on the MAC stick, and I love not having to reach for anything...stick and throttle is it. I installed the trim position indicators, but if I was building again, I would probably leave them out. Its easy enough to "see" all the tabs/flaps just looking out.

I may have answered my own question, but after some thought I went ahead and sent the 10A servo back to exchange for the the 12A. I also figured that since I'm going with a glass panel I won't need the indicator and the rocker switch is not needed either because I'm using a stick grip with a hat switch for trim. So my next post will probably ask how you wire up a relay for the hat switch.

Since I didnt use a "hat", mine was all MAC components, and the wiring diagrams were a breeze. The MAC grip has 4 individual buttons on top, and 2 taller buttons for the flap switches. Pat Hatch (RV-6) on these forums has some relay boards he makes/markets, and can probably help you with the hat switch wiring as well.

If you are going to use a stick grip get a relay board from Pat Hatch. PHAviation. Pat's board makes quick work of servo installation/stick grip install. I have installed two of his boards with no issues.