RockyMtnRV

I'm New Here
Afternoon,

Awaiting the emp kit delivery hopefully next month. Planning for the future as I sit idle. Question regarding the Ray Allen T3-12A system. Planning a Garmin G3X display in the future, should I be buying the whole kit or just the servo itself? If I buy the kit would I be wasting money on components that are not used?

Cheers
Ray

electric elevator trim is standard on -10, -12, -14

I'm not a -10 builder but electric elevator trim is standard on the RV-10, -12, and -14 so I would assume the servo will come with your empennage kit.

FYI Vans PN "ES MSTS-T3-12A" is the servo only (despite the photo and text on the web store that speak to other items) but I do assume it will come with your empennage kit.

The T3-12A-TS trim system is included with the empennage, which has the trim servo as well as a switch and indictor light.

While you're thinking.....the stock trim system runs at a speed which is about right for lower airspeeds, like landing and takeoff. But it is inconveniently fast for adjustments in cruise. Many builders plan on a system, either automatic or manual, for slowing the trim motor down in cruise.