pilot2512

Well Known Member
Finally going back and fitting the elevators to the horiz stab. While I was at it I went ahead and installed the electric trim motor. I set the motor to midrange and made the tab flush with the stab. I hooked everything up and ran the motor thru its full range. I get about 20 degrees trailing edge down and about 28 degress trailing edge up. All I see in the final inspection is 25-35 max and no min. Is this about right?

Finally going back and fitting the elevators to the horiz stab. While I was at it I went ahead and installed the electric trim motor. I set the motor to midrange and made the tab flush with the stab. I hooked everything up and ran the motor thru its full range. I get about 20 degrees trailing edge down and about 28 degress trailing edge up. All I see in the final inspection is 25-35 max and no min. Is this about right?

Tab should have more deflection down than up (most of teh elevator trim you ever use will be in the up direction).
I thought the manual had a recommendation, but if not, a rough guide of 2/3rds down and 1/3rd up is a good approximation.