shiney

Well Known Member
If anyone has a picture(s) of the GRT Manifold Pressure Guage installation could you please post it ? From Firewall bulkhead fitting to cylinder 3 is what I'm really interested in. I have Vans VMP install kit but it appears the VA-170 is missing, I'd like to see someones set up if that's possible.

Thanks

Just set this up

I have recently set this up. I do have some pictures on my camera but have not downloaded them to my computer yet. I will see if I can get them to a computer and post here.

In the meantime I will try to describe what I did.

The braided hose line that Van's provided for the MP works just fine. I installed it with a 45 deg fitting in a port on the #3 cylinder. I mounted the MP black box for the GRT on the inside of the right instrument panel rib with some velcro tape about 6-8 inches aft of the firewall. I drilled a hole through the firewall directly in front of that location for a bulkhead fitting. Vans provided a fitting for this purpose but they have an extremely small tube fitting inserted into the AN-4 fitting they provide. This is much too small for the GRT box so I ordered one of these bulkhead fittings from Aircraft Spruce.

I will try to get some pictures of this install as soon as I can.

Fitting

Thanks Steve,

It's the Vans VA-170 I'm specifically interested in, I think it's missing from my MAP kit but need a pic to know what it looks like!

Solved !

Problem solved, Vans have sent me the wrong fitting ! New VA-170on its way, thanks Gus (Vans) for sorting it out for me.:):)