Jesse

Well Known Member
Can an EIS 4000 be used to monitor fuel levels in 6 tanks? I think there are 6 Aux inputs. What are the options for labeling all 6 tanks?

Yes, if you want to use all of your AUX functions as fuel levels.

You can label the Aux functions anything you want, but there is a limit to the number of characters (3 or 4). I'd probably label them F1 through F6 or LF1-LF3 and RF1-RF3, or LFI, LFM and LFO. EIEIO.

If you have a Horizon EFIS, you can also wire them directly to the EFIS analogs, bypassing the EIS altogether and saving its Aux functions for manifold pressure, etc.

I just posted two manuals about float-type senders, found here. One is for wiring them to the EIS (with or without an EFIS), the other is for using the Analog inputs of the Horizon EFIS. Sport EFIS users have to wire the probes to the EIS because they have no analog inputs, but they may use the EFIS to calibrate them-- it's a lot simpler than the EIS procedure, and it's explained in the Horizon float senders manual. Capacitive probe manual coming soon.

Last edited:
Yes, if you want to use all of your AUX functions as fuel levels.

You can label the Aux functions anything you want, but there is a limit to the number of characters (3 or 4). I'd probably label them F1 through F6 or LF1-LF3 and RF1-RF3, or LFI, LFM and LFO. EIEIO.

If you have a Horizon EFIS, you can also wire them directly to the EFIS analogs, bypassing the EIS altogether and saving its Aux functions for manifold pressure, etc.

I just posted two manuals about float-type senders, found here. One is for wiring them to the EIS (with or without an EFIS), the other is for using the Analog inputs of the Horizon EFIS. Sport EFIS users have to wire the probes to the EIS because they have no analog inputs, but they may use the EFIS to calibrate them-- it's a lot simpler than the EIS procedure, and it's explained in the Horizon float senders manual. Capacitive probe manual coming soon.

Thank you, Katie, for the info on float indicators and EIS/Sport EFIS.

I am completing the wire hook up right now and will down load your latest manuals on the subject.

I just posted two manuals about float-type senders, One is for wiring them to the EIS (with or without an EFIS), the other is for using the Analog inputs of the Horizon EFIS. Sport EFIS users have to wire the probes to the EIS because they have no analog inputs, but they may use the EFIS to calibrate them-- it's a lot simpler than the EIS procedure, and it's explained in the Horizon float senders manual.

Thanks, calibrating the floats was one of the most frustrating things during the build I attempted -------I say "I attempted" instead of "I did"--- because I never did get it correct only "close enough".

You're welcome-- It's something we get tech support calls for alot, and when I read the original instructions, I realized why! I hope the new instructions help.

Mike, if you want to fine-tune your EFIS fuel gauge readouts, it will be easy, you'll just need to have empty tanks to start with. Follow the instructions on Page 8 of the Float Senders for Horizon manual and it will help.

Last edited: