N941WR

Legacy Member
On Wednesday, July 22nd, from 11:30 to 12:45, at Workshop Classroom 1, I will be giving a presentation on electronic ignitions (P-mags) and will be demonstrating the EICommander.

(I have a device that can spin two P-mags and pull a vacuum on the MAP line so you can see how they operate in a controlled environment.)

Here are the details from the EAA's website.

I look forward to seeing many of you next week!

Last edited:
On Wednesday, July 22nd, from 11:30 to 12:45, at Workshop Classroom 1, I will be giving a presentation on electronic ignitions (P-mags) and will be demonstrating the EICommander.

--- snip ---

I look forward to seeing many of you next week!

What is EICommander?

What is EICommander?

Think of it as an EMS for P-mag ignitions, only it will do much more than monitor the ignitions, you can adjust your timing in on the ground or in flight with it.

Full disclosure, I am one of the principles in the development and marketing of the device.

My presentation will cover timing basics and then move on to a demo of the EICommander.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill --
Is there anywhere else at the show Tue or Wed that one can see the EiCommander either in action, or in a static demo? Or perhaps your forum will be recorded?
Having two P-mags on my plane, I'd like to learn as much as I can, but several seminars I'd like to attend are scheduled for the same time Wed.

For those who want a EICommander and P-mag demo, come by our campsite in Camp Scholler tonight (Thursday) at 7pm.
BYOB and chair.

We are at 11th and Lindbergh in a Grey Wolf camper.

For those who want to learn about ignition timing basics and can't make my talk on Thursday, as mentioned above, I will give the same talk on Tuesday night at 7pm at our camper.

We are located one space south of Lindbergh, between 53rd and 5th in a Grey Wolf camper trailer.