I recently installed and EI fuel flow/totalizer in my RV-6 with O-360 engine. The installation required mounting the fuel flow transducer between the mechanical fuel pump and the carb. I tried several combinations of expensive fuel hoses and transducer locatiions and could only obtain accurate and reliable fuel flow indications when the transducer was located at carb level. Even mounting the xducer 4" above the carb level caused grossly inacurate readings especially at idle. The only possible place to mount the xducer at carb level was behind the carb and between the exhaust pipes. This location required going into the carb with a 90 degree fitting which routes the fuel line rearward then into the xducer and then up and through a large loop and then into the mechanical fuel pump which is mounted on the back of the engine. The installation seems to work great and fuel pressure at the carb has actually increased although marginally.

I recently read a caution regarding the use of 90 degree fittings in the fuel systems and was wondering if I have a potential flaw in my system. After about 2 hours of flying at cool fall temperatures everything seems fine. Any Ideas?