N64GH

Well Known Member
Patron
I am having a bit of trouble setting up my EI FL-2. Not even sure where to start with the question.

1. If I measured my Stewart Warner fuel probes correctly the resistance DECREASES as I add fuel (RV6). SO my Op Mode would be "FLr"
2. Not sure what would be better measure in gallons 1 or gallons 0.5. Any suggestions?
3. Filter or how much time between between readings 8, 16, 32, 64 or 128 seconds. Any suggestions?
4.Calibrating the fuel tank. This seems to be my biggest problem
a. setting empty does not seem to be a problem
b. Step 11 (I know if you do not have the directions no help. I am just thinking "out loud" here)I get how to set "P" for partial fuel but what I do not get is what do the numbers after the "P" represent? Gallons? I thought so but then if I follow the directions and have 5 data points (Empty, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and Full) how the heck do I enter 4g and 3 qt (19 divided by 4 = 4g and 3qt. Is that my mistake should I divide by 5?). Or should I have 9 data points at 2 gallon's each with one left over? But still what does that # represent? Gallons? Total gallons? Gallons added for that data point? I think this is my problem I do not understand what the number after the "P" is. My 4th and 5th "sensor counts" are the same where 5 should be larger then 4.

Clear as MUD? Well it is to me also. Any way I have drained the left fuel tank TWICE now and I would really like to avoid #3. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.