N941WR

Legacy Member
Some of you have inquired about the EICommander through the development cycle.

We are happy to report that the development looks to be finalized. (Unless we can come up with something else to add.) The manual will be updated with the newest features (mostly manifold pressure) when I return from OSH.

Brad and Tom at Emag will have one on display as will Bob at Eagle Engines, if you would like to check out the unit.

The EICommander started as a simple device to let a pilot know if there is a timing divergence between two E/P-mags and grew from there. Here is a partial list of just some of the EICommander features:
- Constant monitoring of E/P-mag parameters
Dual%20View.jpg

- Timing divergence alarm
- Condition of your wiring harness (fouled plug or broken plug wire) available for 114 E/P-mags
Preflight%20-%20green%20TDA%20b.jpg

- Tachometer w/ Hobbs meter and trip meters
tach%20screen%201.jpg
timer%20screen.jpg

- MAP gauge
- RPM and RPM/MAP alarms
- Carb and OAT temps
- The ability to tune your ignition on the ground or in flight (Great for racers)!
- And many more features and functions.

I?ll have a demo unit with me at OSH, let me know if you want a hands on demo. If enough people are interested, we can meet at our camper (weather cooperating), for a fireside discussion.

OSH Special

We have decieded to offer an OSH special.

We are reducing the price of the EICommander to $550, a $50 savings.

If you are interested, send an email to info (at) eicommander.com on or before August 1, 2010. I will be at OSH next week, with limited email access, and will contact you when I return.

I was sent a note which commented that EICommander would be a duplicate instrument in their airplane since they already had an EMS installed.

Let me clarify, while the EICommander does duplicate some functionality available in today's integrated EMS displays, but it goes beyond that in allowing the pilot to monitor the status of their ignition system with regard to timing, internal temperature, tune their E/P-mag ignitions, and more.

For those who have steam gauges and don't wish to upgrade their panel at this time, it gives them the option of replacing their tachometer and/or manifold pressure gauge while gaining trip timers, OAT, carb temp, and some other features.

These features can be used regardless if the plane has E/P-mags installed or not as the EICommander was designed to work with the tachometer transducer that plugs into the tach port on the back of Lycoming engines. In addition, if your existing EMS uses the GM MAP sensor recommended by many of the EMS manufactures, you can simply tie into the signal line already in place, no need to install a second MAP sensor.

All of this provides the customer with the option of upgrading their ignition or engine instruments at a later date while providing a good instrument at a reasonable cost.

Please contact me, if you have any questions. Also, if you bump into me at OSH, ask to see the EIC, I will have a demo unit with me that doesn?t require me to carry the rest of the plane in my backpack.