Bavafa

Well Known Member
I am about to install my second PMAG this weekend and with two E-ignitions I wonder what is the experience of those who have installed and using EIcommander? I have read some info about it but since I am very short of real estate on my panel to easily install one, I wonder if I will be using it enough to justify the installation. I will probably have to pull my VSI to make room for this.

Any report of its usage and its value would be greatly appreciate it.

Tacho

Hi,

The commander has among other things an inbuilt Tacho, I am replacing my Tacho with the commander.

EIC

Replaced my MGL tach and picked up the MAP function in addition to EIC unique functions? Brightness is very good !

Mehrdad, feel free to contact me off list, if you have any questions. (My number is on the http://www.eicommander.com website or PM with your number and I'll give you a call to discuss it.)

Remember, you do not NEED the EICommander to fly with P-mags, just like you don't need a fully instrumented EMS to monitor all your engine parameters. However, once you realize all the information you are getting, you will not fly without it. (Just my biased opinion.)

Last edited:
Mehrdad, feel free to contact me off list, if you have any questions. (My number is on the http://www.eicommander.com website or PM with your number and I'll give you a to discuss it.)

Remember, you do not NEED the EICommander to fly with P-mags, just like you don't need a fully instrumented EMS to monitor all your engine parameters. However, once you realize all the information you are getting, you will not fly without it. (Just my biased opinion.)

No... I totally agree with you Bill that once you use one you won't want to fly without it.

No... I totally agree with you Bill that once you use one you won't want to fly without it.
Thanks guys, these are the sort of feed back that I am hoping to get. I know it offers a number of info, some of which my other instrument provide, but I would like to know how often people use the functionality and info that this system provides. For me, one hard part is that I have to make some changes to my panel and I like to justify that by getting feedback from others.

I like having it in my RV-8 with dual P-Mags, mostly becasue it keeps me from getting bored on long trips - somethign neat to do, looking in to what the P-Mags are doing. Mostly, they are just doing their thing, humming along nicely.

We don't have it on our dual-P-Mag -3, mostly because we just don't have the panel space. I don't worry at all about not looking into the performance of the ignitions - they just keep going.

Besides keeping an eye on it to see how the ignitions are doing during flights you can change the programs in the pmags and query the pmags to see what configuration setup is in the program (you can use this to lower high CHT's). It also has timers and a Hobbs, tach, MAP (if you connect the sensor), OAT (if you connect the sensor), divergence between the two ignitions, spark plug - plug wires and coils performance, troubleshooting info, and plenty more. It completes the ignition system with pmags.