Please help me identify why I lost my Left EGT indication in the Dynon package installed in my RV12.

I tested first replacing the sensor with a new one but, since problem persisted then tested wire continuity to the conector at the EMS intake plug, however, do not know which wires go out of the EMS Box to continue testing continuity to the Dynon Skyview. Can someone help me identify the wires diagram and test continuity to identyfy why my EGT indicator is not working. when I exchange the sensor from left to right the indicator at Skyview also has failure indication in the other side so the monitor is not the problem.

Many thanks Herbert Telge (Lima Peru)

There should be a splice in the thermocouple wires near the engine. Separate the splice. Short together the two wires that go to the Dynon. The display should read approximately ambient temperature. If it does, then the wires are good from the splice to the Dynon.
According to the schematic, Red goes to EMS pin 11 and yellow goes to EMS pin 23.

egt

Hi once the signal gets to the ems unit that is as far as you can test.Tthe cable from there to the skyview unit carries multiple signals and cant be tested that way
trace the wires from the thermocouple all the way to the ems unit the fault will be somewhere there
and can you clarify your description where you say when you swap the t/c to the other side it doesn't work there so doesn't that indicate the t/c is faulty

I had the same problem with my EGT. I remembered something from earlier posts about some firewall forward wire harnesses that had the
EGT wires mislabeled - left marked wires were actually right, etc. I checked mine, and sure enough the wire markings were reversed. A good way to check is to disconnect one probe, power up the Skyview and see which EGT symbol is "xed" out.

Heat gun

Have not done it but I think you could also just turn on Skyview and apply a heat guy to one of the sensors to confirm if it is on the correct side of the engine (without having to disconnect wires). Mine were mislabeled as well BTW.

Have not done it but I think you could also just turn on Skyview and apply a heat guy to one of the sensors to confirm if it is on the correct side of the engine (without having to disconnect wires). Mine were mislabeled as well BTW.

If you can't find a heat (hot?) guy:D, a heat gun (or even a hair dryer) works well also.