RVG8tor

Well Known Member
The sensor kit that came with my Dynon 180 came with female spade terminals on the wires of the CHT/EGT sensors. My problem is there are no male spade terminals in the accessory pack which has all kinds of additional connectors.

The female ends are a different plastic than I find on the aviation grade connectors I have bought from Stein. I have to get some of the male spades but not sure if there is anything special about these connectors. I would think connections made and the metal used would have an effect on the thermocouple accuracy.

So can I use a normal aviation grade spade connector to terminate the J and K wire to the female connector on the sensors?

Thanks

You might contact Dynon, and see if they have the matching halves available.

If, as I suspect, these are millivolt generators like in a furnace, they are quite sensitive to good electrical contacts for accurate information/readings.

So can I use a normal aviation grade spade connector to terminate the J and K wire to the female connector on the sensors?

Thanks

Yes, double the wires over before you insert in the crimp connector, then use a good crimp tool.

Will Call Dynon

Thanks for the info, hopefully Dynon can send them to me, I am in the same state so it should not take long to get them. I will call them on Monday.

Cheers