Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Couple of quick questions...just got my Dynon Skyview in, and looking to install the CHT and EGT probes. Soooo....

Anyone have a good orientation for the EGT probes on a stock YIO-360 w/ the Vetterman crossover exhaust? Just looking for suggestions or things to watch out for (like keeping the probes clear of the ignition harness/spark plug, etc.).

Second..not sure I understand the CHT probes. I know where the fitting screws in to, but it looks to me as if you can sort of "adjust" the depth of the probe. So how deep should it sit in the fitting? Or am I totally missing something here?

Thanks in advance! BTW...bench test of the Dynon this evening, and the display is preeeetttttyyyy!!!!

Steve

The CHT probes...

Second..not sure I understand the CHT probes. I know where the fitting screws in to, but it looks to me as if you can sort of "adjust" the depth of the probe. So how deep should it sit in the fitting? Or am I totally missing something here?
Steve

...are usually spring loaded so they touch the bottom of the well.

Push on yours and check for a spring.

...are usually spring loaded so they touch the bottom of the well.

Push on yours and check for a spring.

Yep...I woke up this morning, did a head slap and said "of cooooouurse". LOL!

Any need for any kind of thermally conductive paste, or is it just a bare contact between the sensor and the cylinder metal?

Thanks, Gil!

Steve