SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
I?m having an issue with my #1 EGT which is about 100-150*F lower than the others. I exchanged the EGT sensor with #3 and finally installed a new sensor and still read low on EGT #1. Now I exchanged the injector with #3 and I still have a lower EGT indication on #1.

The CHT is perfectly inline with all other cylinders.

It could be a higher fuel flow to that cylinder and I?m thinking about checking the flow divider (spider). I am using an Aeromotive AE400 fuel injection system and I?m wondering about how to check the flow divider. Can it be opened or should I leave it alone ??

You want to see at what fuel flow #1 EGT peaks, compared to where the other cylinders peak. If they're all close to the same then you do not have a problem with the injector or divider. The absolute value may be just where the #1 probe is placed, but that should not affect the FF where EGT peaks.

This is a very good point. I checked my datalog from yesterday and can see the EGT?s are peaking at the same fuel flow. At this time I?m having 95 h on the engine and the difference only showed up about 20 flight hours ago. Before all values were practically the same.