brister

Well Known Member
I am looking at installing a H-6 in a 7a and was wondering if anyone on this site could help me with, what parts in the finishing kit wont be needed, and feed back on how people are liking the H-6? Also has anyone put the turbo version in a 7 and how it performs?

Try the Alternative Engines forum, also I believe Jan has a newsgroup (yahoo?) or something.

H6 in an RV7A

brister said:
I am looking at installing a H-6 in a 7a and was wondering if anyone on this site could help me with, what parts in the finishing kit wont be needed, and feed back on how people are liking the H-6? Also has anyone put the turbo version in a 7 and how it performs?
I've got one on order - scheduled for an August delivery. When I ordered my finishing kit (coming the end of June), I deleted the engine mount and cowling, and added an undrilled nosegear leg (they only drill it if you get the engine mount because they are match drilled).

For more info, join the Eggenfeller Yahoo Newsgroup - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/subaruaircraft/

The folks who have them love them, both the 2.5 (no longer available) and now the H6. I don't think anyone is flying a turbo H6 yet, and it's primarily aimed at the RV10. It's normalized - which means no boost in MP, it just maintains full power to 22K. You'd have to watch Vne at altitude in a 7.