miyu1975

Well Known Member
Can someone tell me if say the Skyview or GRT EFIS can monitor/track 2 VORs and only have 1 SL30. I know the SL30 has the ability for standby on the COMM but was not sure if this would work on the nav too. Hope this makes sense.

brantel...thx...but to be clear, the efis can track 2 different VORs at the same time with one SL30?

Yes they will usually this is with one CDI and an RMI pointer or two RMI's...All on the single HSI.

Skyview

Usually mine is set up to show the NAVSRC as the GPS and the two bearing pointers to show Nav1 and Nav1 standby. NAVSRC is what the autopilot will use if engaged in that mode. To show the Nav1 standby pointer you will need to activate monitor on the SL30. All this is easier done than said. Easy answer is what Brantel said--yes.

Would it be possible to accomplish this with the 430 and its standby nav? I don't think 430 has the monitor function?

Thanks

No, the 430 will not do this. I think the sl30 is the only one that will.

I should have put a SL30 instead of SL40 in my plane, but then again, I have hardly been using the VOR, only for ILS approaches.

Mybe on the next plane :)

Thanks for the info though.