bobmarkert

Well Known Member
I'm at the hanger.... The manual is at home (sigh......). Does anyone know the wire size required for an EFII bust pump (10 ft max run). The EFII web site is good but no install manual. Search was no help.
Thanks

Being conservative using the continuous flow chart (43-13, fig 11-2) gives you 10 amps at 10ft with a 16 ga wire.

Thanks, my real dilemma is I have 18 ga at the hanger and no 16/14 ga here. I really need to know max amp on the EFII BOOST PUMP. Anybody have the manual handy for max amp draw? I can then figure wire size. Thanks

Using the intermittent chart, 18 ga is good for 10 ft at 15 amps, the pump probably draws around 5-8 amps.

16 ga

thanks for all the help.
Robert, awesome customer service. You have a great product. Thank you. I will use 16 ga. I suspected that was required because of the blue connectors you supplied with the pump :)

EFII

Hi Bob,
I just looked over your airshow website. I hope I get to see your group perform sometime!

Keep us in mind next time your mags (or other ignition parts), need attention.
Our systems love aerobatics! :)

Robert

Fab

Hi Robert,

I'm installing the system.
Do you have any suggestion about the connection of the throttle body and the Van's filter air box?
Mine is superior cold sump with horizontal induction.
Some pictures about it?

Thanks

Throttle body adapter

Hi Marco,
Yes, we have an adapter kit for this.
I will email you privately with a pic,
Robert

circuit breaker/fuse value?

Hi Bob,
16ga would be preferred.
Robert

The Walbro pump has "20amp fuse" stamped on it's body. Will a 15amp circuit breaker value suffice? Using a VP-X system and thus don't have any 20 amp circuits.

EFII Boost Pump

Hi Jeff,
The Boost Pump draws a little under 5 amps when it is on. A 10 or 15 amp breaker will be fine.

Robert