David-aviator

Well Known Member
....varoom!

I was concerned the timing would not be correct but Robert Paisley assured me the ECU had it figured out and it did. The engine started easily after sitting almost a month and ran smooth, even at 500 rpm.

I kept the left mag with its impulse coupling and am running it on the top plugs. EI with it's auto plugs fill the bottom holes. The kit includes the ECU and all wires to install a second unit down the road. For now I will suffer with just the right unit. I know it is 95% as good as 2 so probably won't go with it unless there is a decision to go with electronic fuel injection.

Tomorrow will be tying off wires and reinstalling cowl. Should be rolling down what runway in another day or so. :)

Please let us know what the changes to fuel burn and performance are when you get some time on it.

Please let us know what the changes to fuel burn and performance are when you get some time on it.

Will do. I've got some WOT numbers at 75% and will see if there is a change.

It sure runs smoother and with a prop balance scheduled, it ought to be smoother yet.

Did another test run today after tying off all wires but before cowl install - it started on first blade ran like a fine wrist watch and idled smoothly at 450 rpm. :)

A/F ratio was 12:1 at full rich and went to 15:1 pulling mixture back....doing just what it is supposed to do.

Should be able to push it up and launch tomorrow or Sunday.