EFII

As you probably know, I replaced the single drive-dual mag on my IO-360-A3B6D with Robert Paisley's EFII totally dual electronic system. I made everything totally redundant including a backup battery should the primary electrical system take a dump.

IIRC, total weight gain was 5 or 6 lbs because of the backup battery. I placed the battery in the back because of the heavier angle valve engine/prop.

Robert makes a nice setup. He was extreemly helpfull with questions I had about the backup battery charge system. (he actually drew out a schematic for this.)

I don't have a lot of time on the system yet because of other things getting in the way of flying. Thus far it has performed as advertised and I couldn't be more pleased. I have even squeezed an extra gallon per hour at cruise, LOP of course.

Number one choice as far as I'm concerned.

EFII

I have also installed Roberts system on my 7 build. I really can't give a first hand experience yet, but I hope to be able to do so within the next few months.

I have one EFII

I have one EFII unit and one mag.

I went with the EFII in part because there is no timing collar or anything to mount around the prop shaft and because there is no adjustment necessary for the sensor clearance. It is a much simpler install as far as I can tell that either the LS or Electro air.

Runs great. Wish I'd done dual :)