Which Electronic Flight Bag are you using?

• Foreflight

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • avplan

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Garmin Pilot

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • WingX

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Anywhere Map

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FlyQ

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • iFly

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Garmin 695, 696, 795, or 796

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • FltPlanGo

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimbo

Well Known Member
Patron
Which Electronic Flight Bag are you using?
1. Foreflight
2. Avplan
3. Garmin Pilot
4. WingX
5. Anywhere Map
6. FlyQ
7. iFly
8. Garmin 695, 696, 795, or 796
9. FltPlanGo
10. Other

I use both Foreflight on Iphone (wife uses the Ipad version of the same subscription) and an 'other' which is Avare in my case. I would bet may of the 'other' selections are Avare.

FlyQ

I am in the middle of an annual subscription of ForeFlight, the $75 plan. Saw a Black Friday sale for FlyQ and figured I will need the maps for my Dynon screens soon so I sprung for that also. I like a few features of the FlyQ better. The MOA and Restricted airspace frequencies and altitudes were much easier to find. The winds and weather were easier for me also, multiple sources in one place. Another feature I liked was the arrows showing a right pattern on the map display. Don't have to look for that on the airport description.

I am a very new pilot, and found it easier to find the information I need. Used Wing X a little also. There are some great programs out there. Makes it difficult to choose. BTW, I loved Foreflight, just got a deal on FlyQ, and liked some features better.

Currently using ForeFlight.

Before that I had Sky Charts Pro, then Garmin Pilot.

Of the three, I liked Sky Charts the best, but it started acting goofy a year or two back, and I could not figure out what was going on-------a buddy had Garmin Pilot, so I tried that...........after the initial subscription ran out, I switched to ForeFlight, as Pilot was just too hard to figure out.

IMHO, they all try to do too much, and to out "GeeWhiz" the other programs------and as a result they become cluttered, complicated, and hard to decipher.

I'm fickle I guess ... or a Type-A systems test junky.

I've had annual subscriptions to ForeFlight, Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight, Aera 795, Garmin Pilot, ...

I use both Foreflight on Iphone (wife uses the Ipad version of the same subscription) and an 'other' which is Avare in my case. I would bet may of the 'other' selections are Avare.

I'll talk to Zubair Khan (the development leader) about changing the name of Avare to "Other". :D

Last edited: