T.O.Craig

Well Known Member
Good Morning to all,
I'm currently running some wiring in my fuselage and I am looking for some additional wire protection in certain areas. The material is a plastic edge protection that you can cut it to any length and it will slide over the edge you want to protect. I'm looking in the usual places but can't seem to find it ...
Thanks, Craig

I have some that I bought from Avery Tools. Not sure if they still sell it but you might try them.

Note that a lot of the commercial stuff may not be made to grip on our 0.025 thick structure...

What Gil says is correct, but I found a small dab of Shoe Goo and a bit of masking tape to hold it in place till the SG dried worked just fine.

For a round hole, just cut it long enough to fully fill the hole, and it will hold itself in place.

Thank you all for your rapid response. Material is on order. Isn't this a great web site. Thank you all!

In my 1966 C150, with 7000+ hours, imagine my horror when I was changing a landing light and noticed all the wing wiring passed thru rib holes with thin metal grommets stamped into the ribs. To my surprise I found there was no wear in the wiring. So don't over think this....

In my 1966 C150, with 7000+ hours, imagine my horror when I was changing a landing light and noticed all the wing wiring passed thru rib holes with thin metal grommets stamped into the ribs. To my surprise I found there was no wear in the wiring. So don't over think this....

But a "thin metal grommet" means no sharp edge, correct?