rblackley

I am ready to purchase the firewall forward materials or kit from Vans. Has anyone used Van's FFK kit for an ECI XO-340. I understand there are slight differences in the dimentions, but it would seem as though a fixed pitch O-320 FFK would work. I would really appreciate any info on what worked and what didn't. the cowl is for the carbed 0320 f/p. the carb is the 4.5. Are there FFW kits from other companies specifically for this engine?

Thanks for your help and the great site.

Ryan

I am using this engine on my 9A I have written in several threads about my installation and the performance of this. Do a search on ECI IO340 and I am sure you can find information.

To quickly answer the original thread. In my installation, I ordered the 320 firewall forward kit, the RV7A fuel injected 360 cowl and the fuel injection snorkel kit from Vans. That cowl and snorkel kit was necessary as I was using the ECI forward facing cold air induction. If you use the forward facing cold air induction you will not be able to use the Vetterman cross over exhaust that is supplied in the 320 firewall kit. You will have to call Larry Vetterman to have him ship you a 4-pipe exhaust. Make sure you have Vans remove the cross over exhaust from the kit.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. This is a great engine. I love it and recommend it to anyone looking to use it.

Thanks for all the info.

I will be able to use the O-320 cowl due to the use of a ma-4spa carb and hotsump.