mike newall

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I bought a short motor last year for our RV8.

Brad sorted the ignition out.

Plane Power sorted the electrics out.

Performance sorted the fuel injection out.

However, I needed the ancillaries for the injection and that is where JB - James Ball, at ECI came in.

Sadly, our previous guru, Mahlon is absent, so I went to the source.

JB was great - he suggested a complete kit to enable the fitting of the Silverhawk to the Motor.

Yesterday, I started to fit the stuff.

Mmmmmmm - doesn't fit.

I sent a snap to JB.

Within 24 hours, I had a script from his Engineer, photos etc etc of their installation of the flow divider which was causing problems.

Big shout out to JB and the guys at ECI.

Well done :D:D

Glad to here you had such great satisfaction with ECI. If you spent the day today doing what I did and had to do the same tomorrow on a friend's engine you probably will be singing a different tune for ECI . We are replacing 8 cylinders on two engine we purchased from Mahlon that "had" ECI cylinders. My friend blew the head off one of his cylinders that was in group "A" . We purchased these engines together and build our planes together. My cylinders are all in group "A" , we cannot trust these group "A" and therefore changed out all eight.
Sorry to rant on your parade but today was not a good day for me and ECI.

Ouch!!!

Eeeeuuuu, I understand your feelings there Ron and don't blame you.

I, on the other hand, had to replace a cracked lyc cylinder and did so with an ECI steel cylinder. I office just a couple of blocks away from them and they are so convenient for me to deal with. I changed it out some 300 hours ago and it is doing fine.

I plan on getting an engine from ECI in the future. I believe, well I KNOW, the cylinder issue was a nightmare for them; and I now believe they don't want to go through that again. I'm thinking they are painfully aware of your sentiment.

Also, I'll tell them they will see my fat face pressed upon their glass doors the first thing every morning if I have any difficulties. I trust their secretaries would then complain to their bosses to take care of that mongoloid who keeps hanging out at the front office! :eek:

So I have remedies available that inspire me to believe I will receive first rate treatment from ECI.

Seriously Ron, I'm sorry you and your buddy are having to do these repairs and I wish you both the best.

Cheers,