nekit

I've seen this thrown around about Cylinders, but not general parts.

I'm building an O-320 and in pricing parts out I tend to find ECI about 10-20% less than Superior on parts like bearings, oil pumps, gaskets and rod bolts. Does anyone have experience with both and tell if they are any quality difference?
Thanks

I have had considerable experience with both manufactures as well as with the OEM. I think you would be hard pressed to find a major quality difference between any of the suppliers mentioned as compared to the OEM. I think you need to go to the vendor that will offer you the best service and advice, as you appear to be an end user, obviously doing a major engine repair. Another consideration is support, if you have a problem with a part, will the supplier blame you or them selves? In my experience, the OEM tends to think of them selves as perfect and offer little in the way of service to resolve one of type issues.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

I've seen this thrown around about Cylinders, but not general parts.

I'm building an O-320 and in pricing parts out I tend to find ECI about 10-20% less than Superior on parts like bearings, oil pumps, gaskets and rod bolts. Does anyone have experience with both and tell if they are any quality difference?
Thanks

I have had considerable experience with both manufactures as well as with the OEM. I think you would be hard pressed to find a major quality difference between any of the suppliers mentioned as compared to the OEM. I think you need to go to the vendor that will offer you the best service and advice, as you appear to be an end user, obviously doing a major engine repair. Another consideration is support, if you have a problem with a part, will the supplier blame you or them selves? In my experience, the OEM tends to think of them selves as perfect and offer little in the way of service to resolve one of type issues.
Good Luck,
Mahlon

I have used both and agree that there is not much difference. IF there is ever a problem, both have had stood behind and also denied claims. With that said, who ever is doing the work for you, use what they recommend. If there is a problem, they are the one that will be spending their time fixing the issue.

I've generally found ECI piece parts to be better. Less expensive, better materials, and in many cases redesigned to be improved.

Superior is owned by the Chinese now. That was enough reason for me to have chosen a new ECI Titan for my RV-6 given that all other things are relatively equal.