bkc3921

Well Known Member
ECI issued a service instruction in 2012 to check the pushrod shroud retainer springs. (The new ones are .040 stainless, the old ones .032 and have a tendency to crack)..anyway, I was one of the first to have my "B" cylinders replaced after ECI's large cylinder recall....so after this service instruction came out, I called ECI to check the applicability of 12-1 to my new cylinders.

I was told by ECI (I have the notes when I called) not to worry about 12-1, as all "new" cylinders had the new retainer springs. Well....I checked them the other day and sure enough, .032 clips! Grrr...! ECI was surprised when I called them to express my displeasure about the wrong information, but they sent the new ones immediately, the repair was less than an hour, and not a big deal.

My point is not to come down on ECI. Mistakes happen and sometimes you get bad info..but I suggest everyone, even with the new cylinders, check for the new clips per the service instruction..regardless of what you may think or have been told. Apparently, some new cylinders made it out with the old clips.

Last edited: