miyu1975

Well Known Member
Do all the ECI engines require the scoop at the bottom of the cowling? I was looking at DR's pics last night and noticed he had to add the scoop on his cowling. I was hoping to avoid that. My planned set up is IOX 360 with FI, also would like the Rod Bower ram air set up....thx all.

Do all the ECI engines require the scoop at the bottom of the cowling? I was looking at DR's pics last night and noticed he had to add the scoop on his cowling. I was hoping to avoid that. My planned set up is IOX 360 with FI, also would like the Rod Bower ram air set up....thx all.

An ECI engine is essentially no different from any other Lyclone. As Doug said, if you want a carb you need the scoop. If you want FI, you can do it with or without the scoop. If you do vertical induction injection, you will still use the scoop. If you want horizontal (and/or cold air induction) you will not need the scoop.

I will be having FI, horizontal and cold air induction...and ram air package by Bower and yes will have a modification in the cowl for the ram air.