I have pictures of most of a build that I did. For liability reasons I decided not to include them in any kind of web site but if you have questions I'm happy to try and answer them. My email can be gotten from my info here at VAF. My all time best advice though is get a copy of the overhaul manual from Lycoming with it's table of limits and read it before you start.

(edit)

Oh it's you. I was going to call you yesterday to see how the engine build is going. Sounds like it's not yet, never fear it's not as bad as it seems. You have my number if you have questions.

Last edited:
http://www.ameritech-aviation.com/

These folks usually build an engine over a two day period at Golden West (next weekend). You can ask all the questions and take all the notes and pictures you want. Great guys. Come on down!

PS: Just checked and don't see them listed as a workshop but they are listed as exhibitors. I'd check with them before making the trip for the engine build workshop...

Last edited:
O360 info, if you want

Some time back, I assembled an ECi O360 kit engine and documented the build with instructions and photos. I'm guessing it would be pretty similar to assembling and O320. They were posted here on a thread titled "Assembling an ECi O360 kit engine". The material is no longer on the net, but the following is from a posting on that thread:

I get requests quite frequently for the info and just mail whoever asks a CD. If you would like a copy, it has about 100 pictures and some instructions I generated, all you need to do is send me a mailer that is self-addressed and with proper postage for a CD (I normally used 3 stamps), and I'll be happy to burn you a copy and mail it back.

My address is:

Tim Ribble
570 Cardamon Dr
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Putting the engine together was one of the most enjoyable projects on the airplane. I look forward to firing it up this spring and hope the enjoyment continues!